The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is a free utility that supports the MEDIAL encoder during transcoding of multiple media formats. Download it from your preferred software repository.
Note: The following instructions explain how to install the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack release 11.2.0. The installation of subsequent releases may differ.
1. Launch the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installer. Click Next.
2. Click the radio button for Advanced installation. Click Next.
3. On the Installation Preferences screen, click Next to accept the defaults.
4. Under MPEG-2, select the ffdshow (libavcodec) radio button and click Next.
5. On the Additional Tasks and Options screen, uncheck the Visit a website with codec news box and click Next.
6. Leave the decoding method at the default setting and click Next.
7. Leave the default settings on the MPC-HC configuration page and click Next.
8. Leave the preferred language for audio and subtitles set to English and click Next.
9. Uncheck the box for Media Player Classic and click Next.
10. Leave the audio configuration settings at the default values and click Next.
11. Check the box to reject installation of the free offers and click Next.
12. Click Install.
13. If a screen appears to advise of invalid data in the registry, click on Yes to allow K-Lite to fix the problems.
14. Click Yes to any questions that appear. This allows K-Lite to remove invalid entries from the registry.
15. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Although QuickTime player is no longer supported by Apple, it is still required by the MEDIAL installer. QuickTime can safely be uninstalled after the media library has been installed.
2. Launch the installer and click Next.
3. Agree to the license by clicking Yes.
4. Choose Typical to accept the default settings.
5. Uncheck the boxes to install desktop shortcuts and automatically update QuickTime. Click Next.
6. Click Finish to complete the installation.
7. QuickTime Pro is not required, so the offer can be declined.