- Release: MEDIAL 4.0
- Version: 4.0
- Release Type: General Availability
- File name: MEDIALV4.1.001.exe
Not all files are distributed with all distributions.
For system hardware and software requirements, refer to the topic Requirements.
New Features in this Release
- Live streaming channels.
- Ability for a user to upload media from a webcam.
- 100GB upload limit.
- The player can be changed from Flash to HTML5.
- The responsive player automatically resizes to match the size of the browser window.
- The statistics area contains common reports, allowing the database to be queried for usage data to help with things like media retention.
- A new transcoder allows for better codec support and faster encoding.
- Options to change the My Account position to the main menu bar, and to remove the language bar.
- More media types are accepted in the upload wizard.
- Better support for captions files.
- Users have the choice to make clips in their personal category public if they wish to embed them on a page outside of the media library. Clips uploaded to a users’ personal category are private by default.
Fixes Supplied in this Release
- Direct access to a users’ personal category is allowed even if the user has no upload rights to any categories on the system.
- Better customization options for LTI text allows you to guide users in the right direction when they use the LMS plugin.
- Encoding progress on the media listing page is shown in real-time without having to refresh the browser window.
- During thumbnail generation, the first thumbnail is taken from the beginning of the clip instead of 12.5% of the way in.